- 450 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75 g caster sugar
- 75 g butter, diced
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 2 heaped tbsp rasberry jam
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar, for sprinkling
3. In another bowl, whisk two of the eggs with the milk. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in most of the egg and milk. Using one hand, held firmly in a claw shape, mix in the flour from the sides of the bowl to form a soft and quite sticky dough, adding more egg and milk if necessary. (You may not need all of the egg and milk mixture.)
4. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured work surface, dust with more flour and gently roll out into a 1cm/1/2in thick rectangle approximately 30cm/12in long and 18cm/7in wide.
5. Spread the raspberry jam over the top to cover the surface. With the longest side facing you, roll up the dough away from you, to resemble a swiss roll.
6. Cut the finished log into 12 slices. Place slightly apart on a greased baking tray, cut side up, sprinkle with the granulated sugar and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown. Serve warm.