As its pancake Tuesday I wanted to post a simple, basic pancake recipe. My boys love pancakes with a variety of fillings. Tiarnan has already requested 4 different fillings for today's pancake party! Everyone has their own favourite filling, mine would have to be maple syrup and whipped cream however I do love butter melted over a hot pancake with a squeeze of lemon.
The fruit of your choice can be added to the pancake batter such as blueberries, raspberries, banana or chopped apple.
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup milk
pinch of salt
1. Put the flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Add the egg and combine with the flour.
3. Slowly add the milk, whisking well with a hand whisk or fork.
4. When the batter is nice and smooth, cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least an hr. (The batter can be used straight away but tends to have a better consistency when left to rest)
5. Heat the frying pan and add a little sunflower oil.
6. Pour a thin coating of batter into the pan. When golden, turn the pancake over and brown the other side.
7. Add filling of your choice, roll and enjoy!!