Taste of Dublin has teamed up with Philadelphia to launch ‘Taste Factor – The Search for Ireland’s Best Amateur Chef’ on TV3’s Ireland AM. The winner will cook live alongside a celebrity chef at the Philadelphia Chef Theatre at Taste of Dublin, will get four VIP tickets to Taste of Dublin and a trip for two to Philadelphia in the US with $1,000 spending money. But hurry - the deadline is Friday, 13 May!
Here is my entry for Taste Factor 2011!!
Mushroom Brioche with Creamy Philadelphia
Drizzle of olive oil
225g mushrooms, sliced
1 shallot, finely chopped
pinch sea salt and freshly ground pepper
100mls white wine
50mls philadelphia / cream
a squeeze of lemon juice
freshly chopped parsley or chives
4 slices of Brioche, toasted
1. Melt the butter with a drizzle of olive oil in a large heavy pan, over a medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and chopped shallot. Season with a pinch of sea salt and some freshly ground pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the wine and allow to bubble for a few minutes.
3. Turn down the heat under the pan and pour in the philadelphia/cream, stirring well to combine all the ingredients together. Add a little squeeze of lemon.
4. Taste and correct the seasoning, and add the parsley/chives.
5. Serve over some sliced toasted brioche.