Bewleys Coffee Morning in aid of the Hospice

Today I have spent a good part of the day baking. I love to have an excuse to bake but I have a particularly good excuse to try out recipes! In the morning I am hosting a coffee morning which is in aid of The Hospice. A new Hospice has just opened in Athlone and like many facilities it is expensive to run and values any money from fund raising events.
My mother lost her battle with cancer only three years ago. To lose a loved one is devastating. The time spent in the hospital was such a difficult time both for mam and our family. Even though we couldn't bring mam home before she passed away we were fortunate to have a private room in the hospital with very considerate staff. The Hospice has facilities and staff that can help to alleviate some of the stress by providing a home from home environment when it is needed.
If you are in Moate tomorrow morning pay me a visit and enjoy a Bewleys coffee and some nice treats, and help to support a really worthy cause.

0 Comments: