Cooking with Neven at the Ploughing Championship!!!



On Tuesday I was privileged to attend the  Ploughing Championship courtesy of The Irish Farmers Journal. Situated on a farm in Athy covering 700 acres was the setting for the occasion. With over 1000 exhibitors there was something to interest everyone, from fashion to food and of course plenty of  farm related products.
I won a prize to cook with the lovely Neven Maguire. A natural in front of a crowd, Neven has the ability to engage with an audience as if he was chatting at his kitchen table. I loved the whole experience and am thrilled that I got to cook with Neven and as an added bonus I received a voucher for his impressive restaurant.
I thoroughly enjoyed the day and I left not only with wonderful memories but also with the anticipation of another exciting culinary experience at MacNean House!!




Mairead Lavery - Editor of  Irish Country Living(Farmers Journal) introducing the demonstration. Mairead and her team were so friendly and made me feel very welcome on the day.


   
The dish which I cooked will feature in next weeks Farmers Journal but I will pop the recipe up on the blog later.

0 Comments: