4 tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
1 orange pepper, cut into strips
2 red onions,sliced
2 garlic cloves,crushed
2 tins of plum tomatoes
salt & freshly ground pepper
2 tbsp basil pesto
60g mozzarella, sliced
1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted
1 egg, slightly beaten
20g sesame seeds
1. To make the peperonata put the olive oil, pepper strips, onion slices, garlic and tomatoes into a saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before using in the wellington.
2. Pre heat the oven to 180°C(fan)/390°F/gas mark 6.
3. Place the sheet of puff pastry onto a floured work surface. Cut into four and brush the edges of each rectangle with some beaten egg.
4. Divide the pesto between two of the rectangles and spread evenly. Top each with 2 tbsps of peperonata then 3 slices of mozzarella.
5. Carefully place a rectangle of pastry over each peperonata & cheese mix and seal tightly to the bottom piece of pastry with a fork.
6. Place the wellingtons onto a baking tray and brush the tops with some beaten egg. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
8. Serve straight away.