- Preheat the oven to 140°C/gas mark 1 and grease and line the base of a 26cm round springform tin.
- Mix the biscuits to crumbs in a food processor. Mix together the biscuit crumbs, ground almonds and melted butter and press into the bottom of the tin. Put in the fridge while you make the topping.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar in a food processor until smooth. Add the eggs, egg yolk, lemon zest and juice and mix again.
- Add the soured cream and vanilla extract and mix again until completely smooth.
- Pour the filling over the base and bake for 1 hour (the cheesecake will still have a definite wobble in the centre). Turn the oven off and cool inside for 1 hour. Transfer to a wire rack to leave the cheesecake to cool completely before covering and refrigerating overnight.
- Run a knife around the inside edge of the tin to loosen the cheesecake, then lift off the side.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
If you would like to purchase this book it's available on Amazon UK.