2. Stir the oniony-spiced mixture together and then add the sausages sliced into eighth-inch coins.
3. Drop in the cubes of beef turning them in the pan with the sausages to brown the meat.
4. Stir in the tomato puree, tomatoes, ketchup and drained chick peas.
5. Add the guinness and water and bring the chili to a boil, sprinkle over the chocolate and stir it all together. 6. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Once simmering cover the pan with a lid.
6. Put the chilli in the oven and cook for 3 hours. Once cooked it is best left overnight as the flavour improves.
Creamy mashed potatoes or Basmati Rice
Grated Chedder cheese- sprinkle over before serving
Sour cream (to cool things down!) - a dollop on the side