This recipe makes a large batch of cookies so if prefered you could save some of the dough in the fridge for up to one week. The best way to do this is to place the leftover dough onto a sheet of cling film and roll into a log. The dough can then be easily sliced and popped onto a baking tray.
Polka Dot Cookies
225g (8oz) Butter
375g (15oz) Soft Brown Sugar (or light muscovado sugar)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs, beaten
350g (14oz) Plain flour
1 Level tsp Baking Powder
1 Level tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
150g (5oz) Smarties
1. Preheat oven to180° C/350°F/gas mark 4
3. Add in the vanilla and gradually add the eggs.
4. Put the flour in another bowl. Sift in the bicarb and baking powders and mix well.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet. Add the smarties last.
6. Roll into little balls (walnut size if you want small ones or golf ball size if you want larger ones.
7. Bake for 12 – 16 mins. If you want chewy cookies, bake until the edges are turning brown but the middle is still pale. If you want crunchy all the way through then bake until golden all over.
8. Cool on a wire rack.