2 large cooking apples such as Bramleys
50g dark brown sugar
175g light brown sugar
175g self raising flour
110g light brown sugar
1tbsp lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C(fan)/390°F/gas mark 6.
- Butter the sides of the tin and line the base with a disc of grease-proof paper.
- Peel and cut the apples into eights and arrange in a single layer in the tin (this will be to the top of the cake when its cooked.)
- Sprinkle over the dark brown sugar.
- Put all the remaining ingredients into a food processor or mixer and whizz to combine.
- Pour it over the apples and sugar.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the cake is spongy in the centre.
- Wait for it to cool for 2 minutes before turning out.
- In a saucepan combine and melt the butter, sugar and lemon juice over a low heat for a few mins.
- Stir and pour over the cake when its