Nessa Robins Tuesday, October 19, 2010
These little cakes would make a lovely addition to a birthday party table. A wonderfully easy recipe as all the ingredients, for the cake, are simply combined together with a mixer. We will be making these again- well done to Tiarnán for spotting this one.
175g/6oz soft butter
175g/6oz caster sugar
150g/5oz self- raising flour
25g/1oz cocoa powder, sifted
3 free range eggs
For the topping;
100g milk chocolate or cooking chocolate
liquoirice strips or tube of writing icing
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C(fan)/390f/gas mark 6. Lightly rub some butter on a baking tin approx 7x11 in
2. Put all the cake ingredients in a mixer and beat until smooth.
3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level with a palette knife.
4. Bake for 30mins, untill the cake springs back when pressed in the centre with the fingertips.
5. Cool in the tin for 5 mins then loosen the edges with a knife and tranfer to a wire rack.
Cut into approx 16 bars.
6. For the topping spread some melted chocolate over each bar and decorate as seen in the photo.