Coffee & Treats for a Fantastic Cause



Last Thursday I had a coffee morning in aid of The South Westmeath Hospice at Mount Temple hall. I must say that I was thrilled with how many made the effort to call in. 






The Hospice is a fantastic cause and one that  many like to support. So many families in Ireland have been affected by Cancer and if anyone has had a loved one cared for at a local hospice you'll be well aware of the amazing work that they carry out. We are so lucky to have a hospice in Athlone which provides the people of the midlands with a great service.
Scones and Buns.




Thanks to everyone who called in to share a coffee and some treats with me, together we raised €640.


One of my favourite Chocolate Cakes filled with cream & berries.






2 Comments:

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I am so glad the morning coffee was a success for your hospice cause. Everything looked delicious. I really liked that chocolate cake with the berries and cream. I'm still drooling.

Sue/the view from great island said...

That's wonderful, Nessa. Bake sales are a fun way to get lots of people involved, and they do raise surprising amounts of money---you've inspired me get involved in something similar here.